Artha Tours & Travel
collectively all information that you submit to Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies)
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in Europe/U.K.
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC, or "us," "we"
Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC, a company incorporated in the USA with EIN and registered address are available upon request at our email: email@example.com
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services
The website that you are currently using, https://arthatours.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
25 May 2018
Cookies , Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know. Strictly necessary
We use the following strictly necessary cookies
Description of Cookie : Purpose
While using website , We use this session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our website. Analytical/performance We use the following analytical/performance cookies
Analysis , We use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the website. Functionality – We use the following functionality cookies:
Identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns
We use this cookie to identify your computer and analyse traffic patterns on our website.
We accept payments through PayPal, Stripe, and use to help calculate payments WooCommerce Currency Converter. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to these entities, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Please see the following for details:
any of our services
General Terms and Conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions and agree before using any of our services.
Please refer to our separate “Scooter / Motorbike Rental Terms & Conditions” (below), which apply in addition to these terms and conditions, if renting, driving, or riding a motorbike owned by Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC.
For tours and other services, Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC is pleased that you have chosen to take a tour and use our services. We ask you to agree to all of the terms and conditions below as well as be aware of important information before signing up for one of our tours.
“You” or “Your” refers to the client who is named on the online booking form or has verbally, in writing, or in electronic communication reserved a tour; this can also refer to those traveling with the person who has made the booking or it may be a friend, relative or travel agent who is booking on behalf of another person or persons. All bookings must be made by persons 18 years or older.
“We”, “us” or “ours” can refer to Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, owners, employees, staff, friends, family and any third party supplier, operator, agency.
1. We do our best to ensure that the tour you have booked is available. We request a minimum of a 25% deposit to reserve the tour desired. In the event that the requested tour is not available, we will let you know as soon as possible and check if you would like to switch to an available date.
2. Refunds. We offer no refunds, regardless of your reason for cancellation or no-show or request for a refund, unless we decide to do so. All refunds are at our sole discretion. Please be sure to check your travel dates and times carefully before booking. We will consider a full or partial refund if you inform us of a cancellation 1 month in advance or more but again all refunds are at our sole discretion.
3. We reserve the right to use third party, our partner’s and/or affiliates’ tour agencies, staff and services.
4. We reserve the right to cancel and/or change reservations, tours and services for any reason and at any time but of course, we will do our best to provide tours and services to your satisfaction if reasonable and as per our website. Payment for any tour is due in full at the beginning of the first day of the tour period in Indonesian rupiah or the equivalent currency amount as per the middle exchange rate for that currency – no exceptions. Payment in cash, direct bank transfer or by credit/debit card may be accepted. We reserve the right to accept payment in Indonesian rupiah currency in the form of cash at any time.
4. We reserve the right to change prices for any tour or service at any time. We of course will do our best to inform you of any changes to tour prices and/or services at the earliest possible time. If for any reason there is an increase in the price of a tour or service after you have paid any monies such as but not limited to a deposit, we reserve the right to request the difference from you. Again, we will do our best to avoid such circumstances but sometimes such price increases are outside of our control or knowledge at the time of your booking.
5. Any vouchers, tickets, and/or activities issued by us or any other supplier, tour operator or third party affiliate will be subject to their terms and conditions and you are agreeing to abide thereby.
6. Artha Tours & Travel, its owners, staff, employees, family, friends, associates, and/or agents and their affiliates are hereby not responsible nor liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that may arise or is in connection with any services, tours or offers given. We are hereby indemnified by you against any claim for loss or damage whatsoever that may arise or have arisen in connection with any tours or services supplied or offered by or in connection with them. We are not responsible for nor will be held liable for any accidents, the weather, natural disasters, diseases, epidemics, riots, an act of God or nature, and/or terrorism.
7. Any claim or claims which you, your agency, your executor or your heirs, friends or families may have for any compensation for damages or loss, or the like from Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta resulting in injury, loss, or damage are hereby irrevocably waived and this includes any transportation during, to or from the trip as well as any injury, illness or death arising before, during or after the trip.
8. Any complaint or dispute must be addressed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please confirm with us that it has been received within 1-2 days after sending. We will aim to resolve any dispute to your satisfaction within a timely manner (within 14 days) if possible.
9. It is your responsibility to comply with all the laws of the Republic of Indonesia in all of its forms and nuances while in Indonesia. Please be aware that what may be legally and/or culturally permissible in your country or place of residence is not so in Indonesia. Such laws could pertain to driving, immigration or visas, manners and politeness, customs, personal relationships, food, alcohol, cigarette, e-cigarette and drug consumption, purchases or distribution, books and other publications, etc. Please be aware that Indonesia is a Muslim country. Some traditions, such as the very early morning call to prayer, are commonplace. It is recommended not to complain vehemently to a local mosque about it without being aware of the possible consequences. We will do our best to advise you about such laws and practices as best possible and make our best recommendations but we cannot be held accountable for any disagreement, misunderstanding, lack of information, or misinformation.
10. We will do our best to keep to the travel itinerary and information as on our website at the time of booking. However, there may be times when a change may occur during the tour. We are not responsible for any unexpected change to travel itineraries, forms of transport or accommodation. These changes may incur extra costs for which you are liable. We will do our best to keep such changes to am absolute minimum and try to inform you of any such changes in advance.
11. You and all parties under your booking are responsible for your own safety and health at all times. If you have any illness, disability, health condition or undergoing any medical treatment which could affect ability to travel relative to a health person, please inform us at the earliest possible time and we will try to assist you to make your travel convenient and comfortable. It is your responsibility to make arrangements for the provision of any medication or treatments. We cannot be held responsible or liable for any problems, difficulties or trouble with your health or inability to participate fully in a tour due to medical or health conditions.
12. It is up to you if you want to purchase travel, medical, dental, health, disability, or life insurance. Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta is not responsible for insuring you nor are we liable for any lack of insurance on your part.
13. The terms and conditions of this agreement and any supporting documents will be governed by the law of the Republic of Indonesia and shall be enforceable within the Republic of Indonesia and its Courts.
rent and drive
Scooter / Motorbike Terms and Conditions
Please read and note that the following “Scooter / Motorbike Terms & Conditions” apply if you rent and/or drive a motorbike and/or scooter from Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, LLC. Please also read and note that the “Terms & Conditions” above apply for tours and other services.
“Renter” is defined as the person who pays for the rental and/or anyone who drives the motorbike.
The “rental period” is the time during which the motorbike is rented to, in the possession of, or under the responsibility of the renter.
The renter accepts the motorbike, which also may be called a motorized scooter, in good condition and commits to returning the motorbike in an equally good condition as well as respecting all laws of the Republic of Indonesia (at least) during the rental period and insofar as in matters pertaining to the rental of the motorbike and well-being of those on the road with, driving or riding the rented motorbike.
The renter and anyone who drives the rented motorbike while the motorbike is rented must:
1. Be 18 years and older, legally permitted to drive a motorbike in Indonesia, as well as has had previous experience driving a motorbike.
2. Have a valid driver’s license from your country or state of permanent residence, in combination with an international license, as well as a valid visitor’s visa or legal right to be in Indonesia.
3. Permit Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta to keep a photo or copy of the renter’s passport for our records which may be used for legal purposes if required.
4. Accept that Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta does not deliver or pick-up the motorbike at any other location than our office location, which is Jalan Sosrowijayan Wetan Gt 1/52, Gang 2, Yogyakarta, Indonesia 55271.
5. Accept that any damage to the bike as well as any repercussions from an accident, conflict or otherwise involving the motorbike during the rental period of the motorbike is the renter’s financial, legal and moral responsibility. Again, any damage to the motorbike is the sole responsibility of the renter and must be paid for by the renter to Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta, unless otherwise determined by the Republic of Indonesia in a court of law.
6. Inform Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta immediately of any damage to (including but not limited to any accidents) or malfunctioning of the motorbike for any reason by calling our office or leaving a whatsapp/text/voice message to our office number +62-838-339-00013.
7. Inform Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta immediately of a confiscated, misplaced, lost, or stolen motorbike by calling our office or leaving a whatsapp/text/voice message to our office number +62-838-339-00013.
8. Accept that the motorbike should not be driven by anyone under-aged or while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other substances or influenced by any mental health condition which impair the individual’s ability to drive the motorbike safely.
The renter should also note following information:
9. In the event of an accident, Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta reserves the right to charge your credit or debit card the full amount to repair any damages to the motorbike as well as any administrative fees to accomplish the repair. Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta also reserves the right to work with local police authorities as needed in order to solve any legal matters involving the motorbike.
10. Renters are provided with the following items: 1 motorbike key, helmet(s), STNK registration of the motorbike, rain poncho (subject to availability), and a motorbike lock (subject to availability). These items and whatever is present inside the motorbike must be returned in good condition and in a similar condition as at the start of the rental period.
If any of these items are lost/misplaced/stolen/confiscated, the renter will be asked to pay to replace them at the following rates listed or at the current day’s typical and reasonable costs, including any logistical costs to replace the items as determined by Artha Tours – whichever is higher:
-Motorbike key: 800,000 IDR
-STNK registration paper : 800,000 IDR
-Helmet: 400,000 IDR
-Rain poncho: 50,000 IDR
-Motorbike lock and chain: 200,000 IDR
11. Renters and anyone driving the motorbike while it is being rented must obey Indonesian traffic laws at all times. This includes wearing a helmet while driving or riding pillion at all times and obeying road signs, speeds and rules.
12. Renters are not permitted to tamper with the mechanics or appearance of the motorbike in any way other than adjusting the side mirrors as needed. If a tire part needs to be changed or repaired or any other repair needs to be made, Artha Tours & Travel must be informed immediately and must be informed before the renter proceeds with any such change or repair. Proceeding without explicit written or electronic permission from Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta is not permitted.
13. The motorbike must be returned with the same amount of petrol as there was in the motorbike when handed over to the renter at the start of the rental period. The renter will be charged and need to pay, either in cash or from their credit/debit card, for the amount of petrol lacking.
14. Payment for the motorbike rental is due in full prior to the rental period. Cash, credit and debit cards are accepted. If a specific make or model of a motorbike is not available, Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta will try to find a similar if not better make/model. If a motorbike is not available at all, Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta will do its best to inform the would-be renter as soon as possible. If any refunds for any reason are provided, they will be given at the sole discretion of Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta. Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta will try to accommodate any changes to rental dates requested by the renter by providing new possible rental dates but there is no guarantee that such changes will be able to be met.
Rental rates are determined solely by Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta. Rates are published on our website but can change at any time and for any reason as determined by Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta.
Rental rates are calculated in 24 hour chunks only. Anything surpassing the 24 hour mark for a rental period will be charged a fully day, regardless if it was for an hour or half-day, or an hourly overtime fee will be assessed (current overtime fees are published on our website but subject to change at any time at the discretion of Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta). Choosing which is to be charged of the renter (full day or hourly overtime fee) is solely at the discretion of Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta.
15. The motorbike is not permitted outside of the Special Area of Yogyakarta without explicit written permission from Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta. Please see Google maps to identify what is considered the Special Area of Yogyakarta or “Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta.” The motorbike is also not permitted to be ridden off-road such as on rough terrain or on beaches.
16. Artha Tours and Travel, Yogyakarta, any of its staff members, friends and family are not liable for any damage, loss, injury, negligence, or death sustained by the renters riding the motorbikes and/or their pillion (backside) riders and/or anyone involved in an accident or crash involving the motorbike.
17. Artha Tours and Travel, Yogyakarta is not responsible and will not be held liable for any illegal conduct or unlawful actions by the renter or pillion riders against the Republic of Indonesia.
18. Artha Tours and Travel, Yogyakarta is not responsible nor liable for failure to perform any obligations caused by issues beyond it and its staff members reasonable control including but not limited to acts of God, power failure, flooding, fires, landslides, other natural disasters, epidemic disease, war, riot and/or terrorism.
19. Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta is not responsible for any insurance coverage of the person or persons renting or riding on the motorbike or of the vehicle itself. Renters and those riding are welcome to obtain appropriate personal, life, disability, travel, medical and other insurances as they see fit.
20. If you change your hotel at any time during the rental period, you must inform us immediately.
Failure to comply with any of the above may result in legal or financial action against the renter and those riding the motorbike or involved with the rental process.
© Artha Tours & Travel, Yogyakarta. 2018. All rights Reserved. Design by Bohdan Fishbein
tel: +62 838 3390 0013