with Oya River Tubing Fun
$55 USD / person
Entrance tickets included
trip to Merapi!
Jomblang Cave and Pindul
Cave with Oya River Tubing
Let’s have some fun! Explore Jomblang Cave and its “Light of Heaven” by being lowered 60 meters (200 feet) into the earth and explore the cave on foot. Get your adrenaline pumping!
Then at Pindul Cave and Oya River, ride in a tube through the gently flowing river. You’ll float by waterfalls, bats, stalactites, stalagmites, cliffs and eucalyptus trees. You can also choose to jump from height into the water for extra thrills (optional).
A guide at Jomblang Cave, PIndul Cave and Oya River is provided.
Door-to-door transportation to and from your hotel lobby.
- Jomblang Cave and/or
- Pindul Cave & Oya River
Choose your own splashing adventure! Walk about in Jomblang Cave or tube through Pindul Cave with Oya River or BOTH?
Guide is provided for both Jomblang, Pindul and Oya River.
Jomblang Cave – In this tour, you will explore Jomblang Cave and the “Light of Heaven” after being lowered 60 meters (200 feet) into the earth. (You are raised and lowered by people who pull on rope through a pulley system). You will have about 2 hours to explore and walk around the cave. It is sure to get your adrenaline pumping!
Pindul Cave – tube through the more relaxing Pindul Cave with its interesting rock formations and bats, take a short truck ride standing, then tube floating down the Oya River. There are also some lovely, refreshing waterfalls during rainy season to see. You can even jump from heights of 3, 5, and 11 meters (10-36 feet) high (optional) – oh my! Pindul Cave is a great family activity and can be done by children of all ages. It is not necessary to know how to swim as lifejackets and tubes are provided at Pindul.
Jomblang Cave, Pindul Cave & Oya River
- 6:30 AM – Pick-up from your hotel lobby
Our driver will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby.
- 6:30 – 8:00 AM – Drive to Jomblang Cave
1.5 hour drive from hotel to Jomblang Cave
- 8:00 – 9:00 AM -Prepare
Grab a number for the queue/line and get fitted for helmets, harness and boots
- 9:00 – 10:00 AM – Go Down into Jomblang Cave
Guests start to go down into Jomblang cave
- 10:00 – 12:00 PM – Explore Jomblang Cave
Explore Jomblang Cave w/ group and guide
- 12:00 PM – Come up from Jomblang Cave
Guests start to come up from the cave
- 12:00 – 1:00 PM – Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM- Drive to Pindul Cave
Drive to Pindul Cave (1 h) if going. Otherwise return to Yogya hotel (1.5 h drive)
- 02:00 – 04:00 PM – Tubing at Pindul Cave & Oya River
Tubing at Pindul Cave and Oya River. Brief truck ride between cave and river.
- 04:00 – 05:30 PM – Return to hotel
Driven back and returned to Yogyakarta hotel.
- Entrance tickets to all sites
- A private car with driver, petrol, and parking fees paid
- Door-to-door service from your Yogyakarta hotel lobby
- Guide at Jomblang, helmet, harness and rubber boots (bring socks, consider bringing your own headlamp)
- Guide at Pindul and Oya, life jacket, tube. Sealable waterproof plastic bags available for your handphone to take pictures along the tour available on site for ~$2 USD. Free locker to store shoes and other items available behind front desk. Simple shower facilities available.
- Travel and other types of insurance
- Meals (except 1 small lunch for Jomblang)
BYOS – bring your own socks!
- for Jomblang, wear clothes that can get dirty/wet, bring socks*, consider headlamp. Rubber boots provided.
- for Pindul, swimwear (modest swimwear appreciated but not necessary), sunscreen, towel, soap, shampoo.
For Jomblang Cave, please be aware that you will be raised and lowered by a rope and pulley system, 2 persons at a time, 60 meters (nearly 200 feet) down and you will need to be comfortable with this. Inside Jomblang Cave, while the paths are lit, it can still be dark, slippery, muddy and wet (it is a cave), so do be careful while exploring. There will be a queue/line by number to go down into the cave and then a first come-first serve queue/line to come up. You may have to wait in the cave for awhile as other guests are brought up to the surface.
For Pindul Cave and Oya River, Purses and bags can be left at the lockers and space behind the front desk. A waterproof bag for your handphone can usually be purchased for ~25,000 Rp ($2) on site. This way, you can take photos in the cave/river.
If you choose to jump from height at Pindul Cave or Oya River, be sure to follow the instructions of the guide. It is advisable to make your body straight before entering the water when jumping from the higher elevations.
2 persons or more*, 7 hoursJomblang Cave Only
Private car with driver
Guide and gear
2 persons or more*, 11 hoursJomblang & Pindul Caves with Oya River Tubing
Private car with driver
Guide and gear (Jomblang)
Guide and life-jacket (Pindul)
2 persons or more*, 5 hoursPindul Cave with Oya River Tubing Only
Private car with driver
Guide and life-jacket
* For solo traveller, there is a +400,000 Rp fee.
Ready for Some Fun?
Jomblang and Pindul
Caves with Oya River Tubing Fun
Select another fantastic tour packet.