Artha Tours & Travel
Borobudur Sunrise & Prambanan
$85 / person
Entrance tickets included
trip to Yogyakarta!
IMAGINE – you will be standing at the very top of Borobudur Temple, right next to those famous Buddhist statues watching the sun rise. Then you will visit Prambanan Temple, one of the largest Hindu temples in the world and also a UNESCO World Heritage Site – all in 1 amazing day. Don’t be fooled by others – Artha Tours offers the REAL, once-in-a-lifetime Borobudur sunrise! You will be right there, NOT at some far-away hill. Free (optional) visits include: Pawon Temple & village, Mendut Temple & monastery, a most unusual “luwak” coffee shop and a Javanese handmade silver jewellry store. Sure to be the highlight of any trip to Yogyakarta!
All entrance tickets, parking fees, and petrol included. Door-to-door service from your hotel and back. No hidden fees, waiting in line nor struggling with language barriers at the ticket box.
Bring home unique souvenirs from Yogyakarta for your loved ones. Indonesian batik, handicrafts, coffee, chocolates, and antiques are wonderful possibilities.
Enjoy a delicious, traditional Indonesian lunch. Lunch price is not included, so you can choose and pay only for what you want. Vegetarian and vegan options available.
Borobudur Sunrise & Prambanan in 1 Day
What a beautiful way to celebrate a new day!
Experience a beautiful sunrise while atop Borobudur Temple, the world’s largest Buddhist temple, then continue on to Prambanan Temple, a Hindu Temple dedicated to three Hindu deities- Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Plus, you’ll get free entrance to extra sites (below).
This is a 9-12 hour tour, depending on how long you choose to spend at the sites.
FREE optional visits to :
- Mendut Temple w/ 300 year old banyan tree and park
- Mendut Monastery w/ lovely fountains, flowers
- Pawon temples & village (nice place to purchase souvenirs, try out your bargaining skills)
- Sewu Temple (a temple inside the Prambanan Complex accessible by foot or by tram)
- Luwak coffee cafe (AKA kopi luwak or civet cat ‘poop’ coffee -the most expensive coffee in the world!). Cafe has live civet cat animals.
- Handmade Javanese sterling silver store and fabrication site
- Stop for lunch at recommended Indonesian restaurant (meal price is NOT included so you can choose / pay yourself). Vegan and vegetarian options available.
- 03:30 AM – Pick-up from your hotel lobby
Our driver will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby. Very early morning start!
- 03:30 – 04:30 AM – Drive to Borobudur
1 hour drive from hotel to Borobudur
- 04:30 –07:00 AM -Borobudur Sunrise
Enter Borobudur through the exclusive Manohara Hotel entrance. Climb the stairs of Borobudur and watch the sun rise. Return back to Manohara Hotel.
- 07:00 – 07:30 AM – Free Coffee/Tea Break
Enjoy a free coffee/tea break with Indonesian cakes, sitting in the pretty garden at the Manohara Hotel.
- 07:30 – 08:30 AM – Pawon Temple, Luwak Coffee (optional)
Visit Pawon Temple and village. Only a 5 minute drive from Borobudur. Visit Luwak Coffee cafe. Try a cup of hot luwak coffee or take a bag of this special coffee home while learning about the civet cat.
- 08:30 – 09:30 AM – Mendut Temple & Monastery (optional)
Visit Mendut Temple and its grassy park with a banyan tree that is 300+ years old. Then walk around the pretty Mendut monastery with fountains and statues of the Buddha. Only a 5 minute drive from Pawon.
- 09:30 – 10:00 AM – Sterling Silver Store (optional)
Stop by this store to learn how handmade silver jewellry is created on site. Famous for the very fine, handmade sterling silver jewellry. Souvenirs are available for purchase to take back home.
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM – Drive to Prambanan area
1 hour drive to Prambanan area.
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Lunch (optional)
Enjoy lunch at Kaliopak Restaurant, an open-air restaurant above a river, serving delicious traditional Indonesian fare. Grilled fish or ‘gurame’ is one of their specialties. Beer available. Vegetarian and vegan options also available.
- 12:00 – 02:00 PM – Prambanan Temple
Visit the amazing Prambanan Temple and surrounding grounds. Walk or take the tram to Sewu Temple from inside the Prambanan Complex.
- 02:00 – 03:00 PM – Drive back to your hotel
Our driver will meet you at the Prambanan exit and take you back to your hotel. <1 hr. drive from Prambanan to your hotel.
- 03:00 PM – Returned to your hotel
Free time / rest
- Entrance tickets to all sites – Borobudur at Sunrise, Pawon Temple, Mendut Temple & Monastery, and Prambanan Temple.
- A private car with driver, petrol, and parking fees paid
- Door-to-door service from your Yogyakarta hotel lobby
- With each Borobudur Sunrise ticket, you will also receive : an exclusive, resort hotel entrance to Borobudur, complimentary map, use of flashlight/torch, free coffee/tea break with Indonesian cakes, and a beautiful souvenir.
- A stop for lunch but lunch price is not included. You can choose and pay for yourself.
- Meals (but driver can stop along the way)
- Travel insurance
- Tour guide inside the temples (but a guide may be able to be arranged for an extra fee w/ advanced notification. Multiple languages available. Please contact us).
To consider bringing
- light jacket for chilly morning
- good walking shoes
- water, snacks
- cash for consummables
- umbrella or rain gear w/ waterproof shoes during rainy season. Rainy season, October – February.
Be sure to return to the Manohara Hotel immediately after Borobudur for your coffee/tea break. Some tourists have gotten confused and followed others to the public gate which is the wrong exit. Because of this, it is advisable not to remove the Borobudur Sunrise sticker you will receive from your shirt because this identifies you to Borobudur security as a sunrise guest.
Your bag will be searched at Borobudur and Prambanan.
Please note weapons, spray paint, and drones are prohibited inside the sites.
Artha Tours is not responsible for the weather, unforeseeable and/or unpredictable events.
No refunds. Any changes to schedule will try to be accomodated but cannot be guaranteed.
Please see full Terms and Conditions here.
we will gladly answer
Interested? Got questions?
Borobudur Sunrise & Prambanan
Select another fantastic tour packet.
Artha Tours & Travel